People spend their lives always striving to be something MORE - When all I want is to be something LESS. ~ by me

Monday, April 25, 2011

Whats causing it for you?

Believe it or not, anorexia isn’t really about food and weight—at least not at its core. Eating disorders are much more complicated than that. The food and weight-related issues are symptoms of something deeper: things like depression, loneliness, insecurity, pressure to be perfect, or feeling out of control. Things that no amount of dieting or weight loss can cure.

I do not have anorexia... but I've struggled with these things. And think of poeple like me, or poeple who do have anorexia. Theres always something deeper. For me, it was rejection, stress, rebellion, more stress, a rough time with friends and my parents, and a time of wondering who i was.

~A beautiful Disaster

3 comments:

  1. Yet still most people are judgemental enough to think that an ED is pure vanity.

    I don't really know where my problems came from x

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be light and beautiful....
    started with "the picture of dorian gray"
    but now its more spiritual than vain, i want to be a beautiful child of GOD...a clean temple body. weird as that may sound...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing... Sasha, i take that approach too.. wanting to be perfect and beautiful for God. Its inspiring.

    ReplyDelete